Here's a simple way of slicing the apple without an apple corer...perfect for including in a lunch bag.
- Set apple with stem side down on a cutting board..
- Slice apple in a tic-tac-toe pattern, holding the pieces together firmly as you slice through. (#1)
- Snap an elastic band around the apple to hold the pieces together. (#2)
- Many hours later...the apple slices have stayed almost totally white.
- Discard core section and enjoy eight slices of crisp, white apple. (#3)
There are many wonderful recipes that feature apples...and it seems the perfect time of the year to highlight a few of those.
Caramel Apple Cake is a favorite over here....and has often doubled as a birthday cake at this time of year. We enjoyed it around the table with friends this past week.
How about Apple Fritter Rings for brunch?
Or Apple Muffins...for breakfast, lunch or coffee break.
Apple Pie Squares...a crowd-sized version of apple pie!
Here's a perfect accompaniment for an apple tray...Caramel Apple Dip.
Apple Pancakes...always a treat!
If you still haven't found the apple recipe you are looking for...try entering the word 'apple' in the recipe search on the sidebar of this blog and you will be overwhelmed with apple everything! Don't you just feel like cooking with apples?
As for me...I'm slicing up apples every which way over here! We have one wee tree...which bears several varieties of apples. The one variety (on the left) grew to be the size of small pumpkins this year. The apple pictured here weighed well over a pound...as compared to the average sized McIntosh apple on the right. Enjoy these 'apple days' of autumn!