- 1 1/2 cups ginger-snap cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream*
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz. / 125 ml cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 - 14 oz (398 ml) can of canned pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream (whipped with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla)*
- To prepare the base, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Pack crumbs into the bottom of 8-10 Mason jars.
- For cream filling...combine whipping cream, sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff. In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and icing sugar; beat until smooth. Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and whip to combine well. Carefully spoon cream cheese layer over gingersnap crust.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine canned pumpkin, milk, pudding mix, and spices. Mix slowly with electric beater until blended, about 1 minute. Fold in whipped cream. Add pumpkin layer carefully to parfaits.
- Refrigerate. (Even better made the previous day!)
- Just before serving, top each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with a ginger snap.
**Put fillings into large Ziploc bags and cut off tip of a corner off for mess-free dispensing!
Yield: 8-10 (1 cup / 250 ml) Mason jar parfaits.