We've had them a few times now...and love 'em! Use your favorite french toast recipe....use any bread that appeals to you...and give it a go.
I like to use a somewhat custardy dipping batter....sort of a cross between french toast and waffles. This recipe is perfect for four large 'french toasted' waffles.
French Toast Waffles
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large slices bread (8 small)
- Preheat waffle maker and spray surface with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, then add remaining ingredients and whisk until well mixed.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into mixture and turn to cover both sides. Place in waffle maker and cook until golden brown.Serve with sausage and syrup...
We had a skiff of fresh snow overnight...it looks like the perfect day to accomplish something in the office. Oh....so many possibilities! The thing with having an office/sewing room combination is that it's a little difficult to concentrate on completing the employee T4 slips for the business...when there's a fun project happening on the sewing machine. We'll see what the day brings.
Enjoy the day...