- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Place flour, brown sugar, chopped pecans and melted butter into a 9" x 13" pan.
- Mix well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350º for 20 minutes...stirring occasionally.
- Pack crumbs firmly into the bottom of the pan with a fork.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries or 1 box (10 oz.) frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- fresh strawberries (optional)
- Combine egg whites, sugar, berries and lemon juice in large, deep mixing bowl.
- Beat on high speed until stiff...about 10 minutes.
- Whip the whipping cream in a separate mixing bowl....and fold into the strawberry mixture.
- Spoon over the cooled crumb crust in the pan.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Remove from the freezer about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve partially frozen.
- Top individual servings with a dollop of whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries (if desired).