- 1 loaf of firm white bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (or 9 cups of cubes)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (or 1 1/2 teaspoons sage and 1 teaspoon thyme)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (add more if you prefer a very moist stuffing)
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until veggies soften...stirring frequently.
- In large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes, seasonings and onion mixture. Add enough broth to moisten. Transfer to slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 4 hours.
- I double the recipe...stuff the turkey and cook the remaining stuffing in the crockpot. When it is time to carve the turkey...add turkey stuffing to crockpot, combine well and keep piping hot until dinner time.