- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 rounded teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Combine milk, water, sugar, salt and butter.
- Add four cups flour and instant yeast and mix well.
- Continue adding flour until dough is soft but not sticky...knead.
- Place in a large, greased, mixing bowl. Cover and allow to rise until doubled.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle 1/2 inch thick.
- Moisten dough with 2 tablespoons milk.
- Mix together 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture on top of the moistened dough.
- Sprinkle raisins evenly over entire surface.
- Roll up tightly...the roll should be about 3 inches in diameter.
- Cut into thirds.
- Form loaves and place seam-side down into well greased 9 x 5 inch pans.
- Let rise again for about 1 hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes, or until loaves are lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove loaves from pans, and brush with melted butter or margarine.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
I use a Bosch machine to mix the dough, and add all the ingredients directly into the machine and let it do the mixing. If you don't have a dough hook...use a mixer to 'step 2' and then knead by hand.