This is one of those dishes that can be put together quickly...with pre-cooked frozen meatballs and a few ingredients that I usually have on hand. Simple and delicious.
- 2 lbs. frozen pre-cooked meatballs
- 1 green pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 red or yellow pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 14 oz. can crushed pineapple
- Arrange meatballs in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Spread pepper pieces evenly over the meatballs.
- Combine ketchup, water, brown sugar and onion soup mix. Stir in crushed pineapple and mix well.
- Spoon evenly over the casserole.
- Bake covered at 350°F for about 1 hour.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
- Serves 8
If you live in the Fraser Valley...be sure to stop by Neufeld Farms for a large assortment of Super Bowl snacks....and of course..the Frozen Meatballs.