During the holiday season, we have many occasions to serve appetizers. Here's a tasty number that is simple to prepare and a great addition to the appetizer buffet table.
- 1 package cocktail smoked sausage links (500 g or 1 pound)
- 1 lb bacon, any kind
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, not packed
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Spray 9x13 inch oven-proof pan with cooking oil.
- Open package of bacon and cut the entire slab into thirds.
- Wrap a third of a slice of bacon around each cocktail sausage.
- Place each bacon wrapped sausage in pan, crowding them together to fit in pan.
- Spread brown sugar over entire surface.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, basting with 'drippings' several times to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook until sugar is completely melted and bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove cocktail sausages to serving platter, using toothpicks to serve as appetizers.
We enjoyed these tasty little morsels at our MGCC Christmas party over the weekend...along with so many other wonderful eats and treats.
If you need an idea for a festive way to serve cheese...
...here's a simple one!