We serve up our salads in tortilla bowls, why not desserts? Cinnamon sugar tortilla bowls make a great dish for those summer desserts. What could be better than an ice-cream sundae served in a crispy bowl...one that is meant to be eaten? They are simple to prepare and can be made ahead.
- 6 - 6" flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Spray 6 large oven-safe ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Soften the tortillas by microwaving for about 10 seconds.
- Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with melted butter and coat with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place each tortilla in a ramekin, gently folding as needed and pressing to flatten the bottom.
- Bake on middle rack of oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove shells from ramekins after several minutes and cool on a rack.
Fill with a scoop of ice-cream and your desired toppings. Or fill with pudding, fruit and whipped cream...or even fruit salad. And don't forget to eat the bowl!