When I spotted this recipe for quick and simple chicken broccoli cheese pockets...I knew it would be a hit over here. What a perfect way to use leftover chicken (or turkey) and have a simple supper on the table in next to no time! I'm sure it would be even better with dough made from scratch and fresh steamed veggies with cheese sauce...but today's post is about speed and convenience.
- 1-250 gr package Green Giant frozen chopped broccoli with cheese sauce
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (318 gr /12 oz) Pillsbury Grands Big & Flaky crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook broccoli and cheese according to package directions.
- Stir in chopped chicken.
- Unroll the Pillsbury dough and cut down the center. Press diagonal perforations in dough and cut each remaining piece in half to yield four rectangles.
- Place 1/2 cup of broccoli-chicken mixture on on half of each rectangle of dough.
- Top with about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Fold other half of dough rectangle over filling.
- With fork, seal edges.
- Gently transfer hand pies to parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Beat egg with water until foamy. Brush tops of hand pies with egg wash.
- Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with a green salad & enjoy!