After enjoying a similar dessert at a friend's place on several occasions, I 'borrowed' the recipe from her and decided that strawberry season was a good time to give it a try. The frozen 'clouds' are ready in the freezer anytime you might need a special dessert...and would be good with other fruit toppings as well.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped with 1 Tbps. sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (for topping)
- Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add the cream, beating until thickened.
- Spoon mixture into 10 mounds on a parchment or waxed paper-lined baking sheet. With the back of a spoon, shape into 3 inch 'nest-like' circles.
- Freeze for at least two hours or overnight.
- To serve, fill with strawberries and top with whipped cream.
Yield: 10 servings.