We have fresh Chilliwack corn available on every corner at this time of the year, and it is so good! Over the years I have shared several different ways of preparing corn-on-the-cob...including 'cooler corn for a crowd' and microwaved corn-on-the-cob for one or two. Today I am posting a recipe for butter boiled corn...resulting in juicy, tender and sweet corn that is delicious! As the cobs are lifted from the pot, the butter coats the kernels and there is no need to add more butter.
- 6-8 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- Add water to a large pot (about half-full or enough to cover cobs) and bring to a boil.
- Add milk and butter.
- Add corn and reduce heat.
- Simmer corn for about 6 minutes.
- Remove cobs with tongs; season and serve.
'Tis the season for corn. Enjoy!