- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate (about 8 ounces, coarsely chopped) *
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped roasted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, stirring until blended.
- Add white chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon two inches apart on prepared cookie sheet...or use a cookie scoop.
- Flatten slightly with dampened hands.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown around the edge.
- Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Move to wire rack to cool completely.
*White chocolate chips can be used instead, though the chunks are much preferred over here.
Add 1 cup of dried cranberries along with the white chocolate chunks and the macadamia nuts.
* If you have a special occasion to celebrate...they bake up fabulously for a cookiegram! Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 9" round cake pan or pie plate...and form an 8-inch cookie with about one cup of cookie batter, spreading evenly. Bake for about 15 minutes...or until golden. Cool. Write your message with melted chocolate or decorator icing. I used a 'writing tip' on a Ziploc bag...and then there's no mess to clean up.
Speaking of special occasions...it happens to be Marg's birthday today. Feel free to make her day...and leave her a birthday wish in the comments today.