We enjoy warm caramelized bananas so I decided to try cooking up pears using much the same method. They were delicious served up this way. 'Tis the season for pears. Enjoy!
- 3 pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- granola or nuts to sprinkle over (optional)
- vanilla ice-cream
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Saute pears for several minutes, turning over with tongs or lifter during the process. Remove pears gently from pan once they are of desired doneness.
- Add sugar to butter in pan and cook until melted, while stirring. Reduce heat to low.
- Gradually stir in sour cream; cook 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Add pear pieces to caramel sauce and cook just until pears are heated through.
- Spoon pears and caramel sauce into four dessert dishes.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- Drizzle with additional sauce and sprinkle with granola or chopped nuts of your choice.